Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Life! I Want To Be Here...


Saturday, March 3rd;
I was at work and around 4:30 during lunch I began to experience a lump in my throat. Like taking your thumb and pushing in right at the "hole". As I went back to my department I described a feeling of my lungs hurting to my immediate boss, Gina. She left at 5:00 and I was on my own. As I was working I began to experience shortness of breath along with the other stuff and terrible heartburn (which I had been experiencing for 2 days already). If I moved too fast I would feel lightheaded (no nausea tho') and I also started to experience disorientation; I could barely concentrate on a simple task and my nightly routine was another thing I couldn't keep in order.

At 6:00 p.m. Mike came in after he got off work and it seemed the moment I saw him I just 'let go', felt secure, you know? I told him to call Kevin and describe my symptoms and to call the hospital to see if I should go in, Kevin said I needed to get to the E.R. immediately--twice. I called a floor supervisor and told them (and I had already called them earlier to ask if I could go home early because I wasn't feeling well) that I was dropping everything and that my son was here and I was headed to the E.R.

Got to the E.R. at 6:30--got lost because I couldn't recognize things in the dark--they took me in and hooked me up with the ekg, took about 3 vials of blood and proceeded to monitor me. They gave me one nitro glycerin pill and within seconds it took away all the symptoms for about a half an hour. They gave me another one and that lasted for 30 minutes as well. Then they gave me a cocktail of Maalox and xylocain to numb the esophagus and that was the one that stopped all of them. They then suggested it was either angina or spasms of the esophagus and I was to stay there until 10:30 when they would take another blood sample to be sure. I was discharged at midnight and everything stable.

I have a doctors’ appointment on March 14th, 2012 for further information.




No comments:

Post a Comment