Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring! Yay! Finally!

SPRING...

....back into normal.  Spring is great for the renewal of heart and soul.  And having something to write about!  Last February I was taken out of the writing equation for awhile due to the fact that on my way to work,  I slipped and fell, fracturing two ribs on the right side (numbers 6 and 7 for you purists). Fractured-smactured, felt like they were BROKEN and recovery still took 6 weeks.  They still let me know they are there once in awhile.

ANYWAY...

It will be Mother's Day soon, I work in a grocery store and am constantly reminded of the coming holidays, mostly MONTHS in advance, so that by the time it gets here, I have forgotten the actual DAY.  I am already planning on getting my cards tomorrow when I go to work, coming home and signing them and mailing them dutifully on Monday.  Or Tuesday.  They'll still get there in time.

THE POINT...

I was reading a facebook thread today that just made me giggle and I will post the conversation forthwith.  Names have been changed to protect the slothful.  Or innocent.  Or parent.
(This begins with the parent of a set of young lady daughters, having to do with their responsibilities of calling on an important day/whatever that may be...)



Okay Girls...
Hubby says there is a phone.... he is not on facebook... and he was expecting you both to of given us a call on our day... yep ....LOL

Reader: Uh oh..Momma's angry!

Daughter: You were doing you! We wanted to let you two be together without inturruption. You know we love you Pops!

Me: Good recovery, Daughter . I like Mom's note about Pops having a phone. I find these days that young people don't like TALKING but they can text up a storm. It does seem to be a symptom of the younger generation...oh what can one do?

Daughter: That's funny. I call often. It's not a recovery when I know the time is precious and needed. Thanks for the retort though.

Me: Anytime, that's what other mothers are for. And my dear, you are an angel indeed! She didn't say THAT PART, lol! Remember, we're talking a mothers' point of view, which will always be slanted more towards "You never call..."

I am a mother. I'm sure I'll know. 
 
Daughter: And I'm speaking from the daughters of my mother. Mum, don't think we haven't been checking your posts and seeing how happy you are. Love you and hope you enjoyed the time with Pops.

Me: Lol! Oh..yes, you will! I have been trying to tell my daughter lately about that other issue, The Guilt Trip. It comes with the territory..
 
 
MORAL : There is no moral to this story, it was just a topic that I thought was "normal".
 




No comments:

Post a Comment